Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
At Twilio, we believe in utilizing our business as a force for good. We are committed to tackling our world’s most critical social issues through our product, capital and people. We are looking for a Senior Employee Impact Manager to join Twilio.org, our social impact arm. Reporting into the Director of Social Impact, this person will have the exciting opportunity to lead the strategy and execution of our employee impact program, WePledge 1% (WP1). WP1 invites employees to pledge 1 percent of time or financial resources to causes important to them with robust support from Twilio. As part of our employee impact team, you’ll inspire Twilions to take the pledge - and create opportunities for them to fulfill it. (Just think how much good we could create in the world if everyone gave 1%!) Join our team and help us create an outsized impact in the world.
Twilio is looking for a strategic, entrepreneurial program manager who is excited by the positive impact we can create by activating employees to support social and environmental causes. They also have:
- 5-7 years of experience working in the social sector or corporate philanthropy space with proven expertise in employee impact initiatives
- The passion and aim to hit big goals. In previous roles, you have successfully activated 75%+ of employees to do good. This includes, but is not limited to, community and skills-based volunteering, environmental stewardship, giving campaigns, employee resource groups, and/or charity/NGO partnerships.
- The ability to develop an employee impact strategy and execute it. You’ll draw on your design-thinking mentality to create, execute and iterate on programming that make it easy and meaningful for busy employees to improve their communities.
- A track record of educating and mobilizing employee champions/committees across office locations to execute locally relevant activities.
- An entrepreneurial spirit. You’ve been creative and resourceful in previous positions to hit bold targets. You love to learn and try new things.
- Strong communication and influencing skills. You get energy from interacting with people at all levels of a company via 1-1 conversations, team meetings or larger all-employee presentations. You’ve helped senior leaders see the value of their teams’ participation in volunteer and giving initiatives.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills. You enjoy running small and large scale projects, while being resourceful, staying within budget, and paying close attention to the details to ensure exceptional execution.
As a Senior Employee Impact Manager on the Twilio.org team, you will live the Twilio Magic by:
- BE AN OWNER: Champion and grow the WePledge 1% program inside and outside of Twilio. Ensure at least 75% of Twilions take and fulfill their pledge annually through a combination of company-designed and personal activities. Help other companies offer WePledge 1% to their employees.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Present strategic recommendations to leadership on how to engage employees in WePledge 1%. Create detailed project plans to stay organized and manage a metrics tracker to ensure we’re hitting goals. Partner with the marketing team to share the story of our social impact work inside and outside of the organization as a means of encouraging greater action and impact.
- DRAW THE OWL: Reinvent how employees “do good” in a post-Covid world. Break the mold when it comes to traditional volunteering programs that can be more work for nonprofits than actually meaningful. Draw on social sector knowledge and employees passions to create programs that make a real difference. (Think... advising employees on ways to lower their environmental footprint, teaching them how to be a nonprofit board member, inspiring them to advocate for causes they care about, etc..)
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build and manage an enthusiastic network of employee ambassadors to execute localized programs and champion the WePledge 1% movement. Work collaboratively with other departments to weave WePledge 1% programming into what it means to be a Twilion, keeping in mind interdependencies needed for successful implementation.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Create a range of geographically and culturally relevant activities to make it easy, fun and meaningful for employees to participate. Collaborate with Twilio.org partners, including nonprofits, B corporations, and social enterprises, to create opportunities that provide shared value.
Twilio.org is the social impact arm of Twilio, led by the Chief Social Impact Officer who reports directly to the company’s CEO. The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s unique assets - our technology, funding, and employee time - to improve the lives of over 262 million people globally per year. And we’re not stopping there - our goal is for social impact organizations using Twilio to help 1B people annually.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $90,752.00 - $113,440.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $79,408.00 - $99,260.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks