Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join the Web team and contribute to defining how we ship high caliber, immersive web and mobile experiences that inspire and educate customers on the power of the Twilio platform.
You’re a self-starter with a background in APIs & web technology - you’ve built web stack applications yourself, and your strength is building a world-class team that bridges the gap between high caliber design and rich web experiences built to scale.
You’re part technologist, part diplomat, and above all a leader looking to build and grow a team that makes an impact, and develop your skills in growing a team that shares core values and makes an impact.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of operating large scale web platforms. They also have:
- 5-7 years management experience serving engineering or technical teams
- Proven track record of building and nurturing technical teams of 5-10 employees
- Proven ability to manage and resolve complex issues
- Minimum 2-4 years working on a development team building large scale web applications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science or comparable
- Experience working in or with a Creative/Marketing team preferable
As a Senior Engineering Manager for Web, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Manage and grow 5-10 full-time engineers spanning multiple technical disciplines and project scopes
- Manage an extended temporary engineering workforce of another 5-10 contract engineers
- Build and foster a high performance culture, mentor team members and provide your team with the tools and motivation to execute at a high caliber
- Build collaborative partnerships with Brand Production, Product Marketing, and Product teams to prioritize and execute on team projects
- Collaborate with Web leadership team to help set priorities for both short term and long term roadmaps
- Determine necessary resources for Web projects and allocate based on prioritization and budget availability
- Be an advocate for developer productivity and platform resilience in prioritization discussions.
Twilio’s extraordinary growth has increased our need for a wide variety of digital web experiences. The number of products, sub-brands, and audiences we need to market for and to on the web only continues to grow. We need a web platform that can scale to handle the amount of content we need to publish as well as the number of developers that need to build on it. We need a leader that can mentor the team of engineers building this platform and building on it as well as shape the future of engineering as a discipline on the Web team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is a US remote position or it can be based in our San Francisco or Denver offices. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.