Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Pricing Analytics & Operations Director to be a key leader in the evaluation and execution of pricing and packaging (P&P) initiatives for the Segment business unit. The person in this role will work with cross-functional partners to align our P&P to our corporate and product strategy; drive the analysis of P&P proposals, including impact on our financial performance; work cross-functionally to implement P&P initiatives; and lead the ongoing monitoring of our P&P performance, including identifying new opportunities. This role will report to the Sr. Director of Analytics.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic. You should also:
- Have exceptional business acumen, a deep sense of curiosity, and be highly analytical
- Be excited about rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done in an unstructured environment of a high-growth company
- Synthesize and communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences, especially senior leaders and executives
- Develop strong trust and rapport with those leaders and executives to align on initiatives and priorities
- Drive insight through data, but can balance it with a deep qualitative understanding and can operate comfortably even when relevant data does not exist
- “See around the corner” and anticipate downstream impacts in terms of operationalization, internal incentives, and customer incentives
- Have people management experience and are excited to build, develop, and lead a high-performing team
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative or technical field
- Have 8+ years of work experience in two or more of: pricing for technology companies, business operations at technology companies, data analytics, management consulting, private equity, or investment banking
As a Pricing Analytics & Operations Director, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop insights and recommendations through customer segmentation, price discovery, testing & experimentation, and data analysis.
- DRAW THE OWL: Work with cross-functional leaders in Product, Marketing, Sales, and Finance to design, evaluate, and implement strategic and operational initiatives around pricing.
- BE AN OWNER: Drive operational aspects of pricing implementation including billing requirements, discounting frameworks, and ongoing monitoring
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build and lead a lean, but high-performing and exceptionally impactful team.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Define and monitor key metrics and market intelligence to derive insights and identify opportunities for evolving pricing.
Pricing is a strategic and complex function that can be a key lever to supercharge our business. In this role, you will partner extensively with Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and other cross-functional leaders to design, evaluate, and implement pricing for new and existing products. You will develop a deep understanding of our products and customers to drive strategic discussions to align our pricing with our product strategy, corporate strategy, and financial goals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $146,240 - $201,080
Rest of Colorado: $137,000 - $188,512
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks