Because you belong at Segment
The Who, What, Where and Why
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are crafting a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us deal with the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We’re looking for someone to help craft the long term vision of the integrations platform. This group works on high-volume distributed systems powering our connections product, including job orchestration via centrifuge, and custom sources and destinations with the functions runtime. As part of the functions team, you’ll work directly on a runtime for untrusted code, enabling customers and internal builders alike to customize event processing at ingress, egress, and in between.
- proven ability writing production-grade code in a modern programming language
- A proven track record of operating reliable, scalable, secure, efficient infrastructure
- Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available, performant fault-tolerant distributed systems. You lean towards eventual consistency.
- Solid grasp of Linux systems and networking concepts.
- Well-versed in concurrent programming.
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services.
- You're focused, driven, and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- You're appreciative, patient, and love to help your teammates grow.
- You have experience running services in production and take software engineering practices seriously. You write substantial tests and understand the value of phenomenal logging, proper monitoring, and error tracking.
- You love designing and shipping new products as much as iterating on existing ones.
- You value teamwork and cooperate with the statement that “a team is a group of people who own each others’ decisions”.
- AWS and kubernetes experience a bonus.
- We’re building high-performance data pipelines using Go and Kafka
- We ship features that opt for high availability and throughput with eventual consistency
- We’re bringing graph execution to the data plane to power a growing number of features and product use cases
- We support a runtime for invoking untrusted code at the extremities of the pipeline
- We support the reliability and security of the integrations platform
- More about the Functions product:
- Projects we’re working on
- Bringing our existing functions platform to a multi region and data residency world
- Investing in increasingly reliable delivery and processing of jobs
- Improving observability and tracing for deployed functions
- Building a new scheduler for polling source functions, to help easily ingest data from any number of different sources
- Bringing the customization provided by the functions runtime to the heart of the platform
This position will be located in our Bengaluru office, although as a result of Covid-19 this will start out as a remote position. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.