Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is hiring a Principal Solutions Engineer specialized on enabling impact for our Twilio.org social impact customers. As a deep domain professional, the Twilio.org Specialist SE plays a critical role on the Sales Team. The Twilio.org Specialist builds solution architectures, programs, and technical sales playbooks that elevates Twilio account teams to better support our customers who are building modern customer engagement experiences focused on creating positive social impact globally. This role is highly cross-functional requiring strong partnership with product, carrier relations, security, sales teams, and fraud operations. The Twilio.org Specialist SE influences product direction and GTM execution based on what they see and hear in their engagement as Trusted Advisors with our customers and prospects.
Twilio is looking for a Principal Solutions Engineer for our Social Impact Team, Twilio.org, with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role focused on creating a positive social impact in the world.
- 6+ years experience in technical pre-sales or other technical roles such as software development, product management, technical marketing or consulting
- Comfortable working in highly complex environments with multiple cross-functional partners
- Persistent and tenacious approach to solving customer problems
- Entrepreneurial approach with appetite to define process and build programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software, SaaS, CPaas or PaaS experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent years of experience
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture
- Previous experience working with telecom companies, including SMS aggregators, carriers, or global communications platforms is a plus.
- Previous experience working with non-profits, social enterprise, or other organizations focused on social impact technology solutions is a plus.
As a member of the Twilio.org team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: This person will architect and support customer opportunities to use our products to solve some of the world's most pressing social challenges. You’re comfortable setting big goals even when you don’t know exactly how to get there.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will create solutions that drive impact and revenue that most have not yet undertaken. You’ll determine how to do things that haven’t been done before, and then build replicable solutions and playbooks to make it scalable.
- BE AN OWNER: You will partner with teams to successfully deliver solutions that drive impact for our social impact customers. You will provide oversight and commitment to excellence throughout the customer journey with Twilio.org
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You’re energized by helping social impact organizations deliver more impact than they ever thought possible. You empower others within Twilio to support social impact organizations globally with innovative solutions
- BE INCLUSIVE: You include perspectives from a diverse range of people to ensure we build Twilio.org solutions with the perspectives of those they serve
Twilio.org is the social impact arm of Twilio, led by the Chief Social Impact Officer who reports directly to the company’s CEO. The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s unique assets - our technology, funding, and employee time - to improve the lives of over 262 million people globally per year! And we’re not stopping there - our goal is for social impact organizations using Twilio to help 1B people annually! As part of the Twilio.org GTM team you will support our customers with technical solutions that will contribute to how Twilio is strengthening our communities, society, and the environment.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is available in a U.S.-based Twilio hub office (examples: San Francisco, Denver, New York) or remote in the U.S. within 3-hours of Pacific Time. This person will work from home during the current pandemic measures and will have the option to continue remote after pandemic related measures are removed. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $123,840.00 - $154,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $123,840.00 - $154,800.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.