Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is seeking a highly motivated candidate with 3+ years of paralegal/legal administrative support experience, preferably in an in-house legal department of a company with global operations. This role will provide legal support to our London, England-based Commercial Legal Team in connection with European marketing matters and EMEA commercial procurement of goods and services. This role can potentially be remote within Europe, but the preferred location for this individual is either London or Dublin.
Twilio is looking for a contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a willingness to learn and adapt to a rapidly changing environment. They will also have:
- BS or BA degree, law degree or paralegal certification
- 3+ years of relevant experience working within a legal department, ideally with contract review/drafting experience in a technology company
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication skills and proficient with productivity tools such as MS Office suite (including formatting), GSuite, DocuSign,JIRA, Adobe Acrobat, internal ticketing system(s)
- Self-starter, with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and supporting internal client groups (e.g., procurement, marketing, operations)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, being a quick study, and taking initiative are key, as is the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment.
- You are a process master who helps educate, guide, and ensures that internal teams follow the internal contracting policies and processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple responsibilities at one time, while remaining extremely organized and efficient
- Experience working with commercial procurement matters is a plus!
In this role you will be expected to exercise excellent business judgment to seek solutions while managing legal and financial risks, coordinating issue resolution and employing creative problem-solving.
Contracts: Work with internal and outside legal counsel to review, draft and negotiate agreements including: procurement of goods or services, marketing events, and other legal agreements and documents.
Administration: Facilitate contract execution, record summaries of key terms, onboard law firms, provide status updates, consolidate redlines, identify issues for other stakeholders, and draft escalation requests.
Process Improvements: Develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined operations, create and maintain a library of forms and other resources for fast and efficient document creation; assist to prepare a legal deal playbook for procurement and marketing matters.
Twilio’s Magic Values:
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of the review, drafting, negotiation, and management of a wide range of commercial business agreements and procurement agreements for goods and services. Advise Twilio’s internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation. Champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity by ensuring Twilio’s compliance policies are in practice and protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws and regulations, and are in line with Twilio’s values.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Seek to understand the context of the positions of Twilio’s e vendors and the requests from Twilio’s internal clients. Strive to solve problems and address issues from their perspectives.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standard commercial templates. Create processes and procedures to help support EMEA focused procurement and marketing activities.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure the commercial legal team is working on the right deals at the right time.
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. For this role, you are supporting a procurement and marketing team that is principally in Europe, so you can be located anywhere in Europe. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.