Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing and so is our Platform Engineering org!
Platform Engineering is Twilio’s strategic investment in reliability and efficiency. We are responsible for the core compute, connectivity and software delivery systems which provide the foundation for all products at Twilio. Platform is busy building our next-generation global offering at Twilio, based on Terraform, Kubernetes, and AWS.
Twilio continues to expand world-wide, and we’re investing heavily in our global development and infrastructure capabilities. We are looking for an experienced Staff Product Manager to join our expanding Platform Engineering team and drive our next generation of global infrastructure products and services. You will partner closely with our Global Infrastructure Team to understand the needs of our customers and stakeholders and help them succeed. You’ll also own and evolve the global infrastructure roadmap for Platform Engineering, accountable for driving requirements across our 30+ platform teams and ensuring value is delivered to our customers.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of delivering Infrastructure and Development platforms at global scale. Prior experience with global IaaS platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) at enterprise scale is a must. This position reports to the Product Management Senior Director for Platform Engineering. If you are deeply passionate about enabling Twilio engineers, and love solving complex infrastructure problems with software, you are probably a great fit for our team.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in conceiving and delivering technical products and services. They also have:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager in a fast-paced company focused on delivering software.
- Envisioned and delivered infrastructure and development products and services (internally or externally) at enterprise scale.
- Technically savvy with deep domain expertise in globally-operated Cloud Services/Platforms (preferably AWS).
- Demonstrated experience building products and services to accelerate internal engineering teams in a global environment.
- Operational experience in complex distributed systems, including defining, measuring and monitoring SLIs/SLO/SLAs towards high availability and reliability goals.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate both your point of view and that of your customers and stakeholders.
- Strong communicator fluent in written and verbal English.
- You are curious, empathetic, and have a good sense of humor.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
As a Product Manager on the Platform Engineering team, you will be expected to live the Twilio Magic:
BE AN OWNER
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products–communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum teams– assist team in planning and execution of sprints, epic and story backlog refinement, and related operating mechanisms.
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES
- Seek out and gather our customers’ and our engineers’ needs–translate and synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value to engineers–learn and adjust frequently.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release–ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
DRAW THE OWL
- Accelerate learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
The Twilio Core Platform organization empowers every Twilio developer to be their best at Twilio. Our team of talented Product Managers owns the vision and roadmap that delivers value to our Twilio engineers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We are looking to fill this position as a remote employee in the United States (ideally East Coast). However, we will consider all highly qualified applicants in the US and the EU. What you get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$120,832.00 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks