Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing and so is our Platform org!
Platform Engineering is Twilio’s strategic investment in reliability and efficiency; We are responsible for the core compute, connectivity and software delivery systems which provide the foundation for all products at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a Network Development Engineer to join us and build the future of our internal developer platform as part of our Platform Networking team in Bogota.
You’ll help start a new Platform Networking team, which will develop and manage Networking and DNS Infrastructure to provide inter-connectivity and discoverability across every part of Twilio’s Enterprise.
Ready to make an impact? This role is at the intersection of many initiatives at Twilio. Because it’s a part of Platform Engineering, it also empowers our developers, accelerates our time to market, and fuels our long term technology strategy.
- 6+ years experience in data center, cloud or network engineering
- Experience with DNS
- Experience with service provider networks, including work on session border controllers, SMS Gateways, media servers, telephony proxies
- Background and experience in IP switching, routing and firewalls
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Strong understanding of SIP, RTP, RTCP, SMPP and related telephony protocols/standards
- Experience of standard methodologies for running a Telecommunications network
- Have the technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them. Sharp analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Thorough, organized, and process-focused to the extreme. You’re a professional at prioritizing and executing multiple projects simultaneously
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus
- You really enjoy playing with new telecommunications' tech.
- Ability to work independently and with remote teams
As a Network Development Engineer, , you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Influence your team, peers and partners through crystal clear thinking and communication.
- DRAW THE OWL: Continually improve our technology and our process. Rally the team around emerging needs, champion high quality engineering, be a role model for development habits, strengthen your team.
- BE AN OWNER: Own your area of Platforms; set service level objectives, lean on your foresight and experience to keep your systems reliable and efficient via measurement, analysis and testing.
- BE INCLUSIVE / EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner and collaborate with leaders across functions and boundaries in order to align your team to our product, architecture and technology roadmaps.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Exercise honesty and transparency in all your communications and interactions.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Platform Engineering is a lever for reliability and efficiency at Twilio. Our mission is to “Make Twilio reliable for customers and efficient for engineers.” Engineering in Platform means understanding the evolving needs of today’s Twilio Engineers and delivering products that will meet their needs today as well as meet their needs over the next 3-5 years.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is located in our Bogotá office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.