Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Personalised Support Engineers (PSE) are the voice of Twilio to our customers and we count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with customer and partner developers, architects and engineers to prevent potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences!
This position reports to the Manager, Personalised Support, and will be based in Bengaluru, India.
This position requires working in a shift. The current shift timings for shift based roles supporting our APJ customers is 0630-1330 IST and 1300-2200 IST if you are supporting EMEA customers. This position also includes rostering of 5 days per work week, and could include one or both weekend days. (Tue-Sat, Fri-Tue etc).
Twilio is looking for a Senior Engineer to join the global Personalized Support Team. In addition, focus on providing friendly, professional customer service, while problem solving and demonstrating a high proficiency in presenting complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- 4+ years’ experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API and ability to understand and tackle issues with cloud solutions.
- Supporting customers with service level agreements (SLAs) of 3 hours or less, utilizing a ticket system such as Zendesk.
- Skilled in resolving network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- Ability to de-escalate tense/tough customer situations in a live environment.
- Willing to work and support customers in either an EMEA or APAC timezone.
- Prior telecom (Carrier, SIP, PBX) or messaging platform experience.
- Understanding of WebRTC
As a PSE you will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- BE AN OWNER: Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be ready to assist our customers when they need us. This position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend/holidays (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs).
This position can be based out of our Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.