Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an operations engineer to help us scale our product operations globally. This role serves as the first level of issue handling on the team whose primary responsibilities include helping our customers onboard phone numbers to Twilio's platform, porting phone numbers from other carriers to Twilio’s network, and working closely with Twilio’s sales team and our customers to sell and provision short codes and pre-register alphanumeric Sender IDs efficiently and effectively. This role will partner with other Ops teams, product and engineering, and sales and support to ensure our customers are successful and our operations are efficient. The Product Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is seeking a Product Operations Engineer II to join the team that runs Twilio’s phone number operations.
- You have experience working with customers directly to solve their most complex and time sensitive problems.
- You are a tech- and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless operations that benefit our customers.
- You’ve used data and/or software to make processes more efficient in a previous role.
- You’ve built dashboards to help make metrics-driven decisions. You have experience with Excel, SQL, database queries, and you are familiar with Looker; you’re able to perform intermediate analyses.
- You're detailed, organized, and process driven to the extreme, and you’re able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are calm under pressure as you respond to customer concerns and quickly fix incidents.
- You have intermediate-level expertise with respect to relevant technology and the telecom industry.
- You have 3+ years of experience working on an operations team.
As part of Product Operations, you will
- Design and document processes and make ongoing process improvements to ensure peak performance of the Phone Numbers Operations team
- Craft operational dashboards to determine the health of our operations; report out on these dashboards to internal partners.
- Partner with Customer Success, Sales, Engineering and Product teams to resolve complex problems for customers.
- Participate in regular operational meetings with your counterparts at our carrier partners to resolve ongoing issues and to proactively prevent future issues
- Identify requirements for tools necessary to automate and streamline operational processes
- Work with senior teammates and management on incident communication with carrier partners and internal partners related to customer issues and outages
- Work with senior teammates and management on customer communication and ticket handling during phone numbers related incidents.
- Work with senior teammates to manage, record, and track incidents and create internal and/or customer-facing reports.
- Effectively respond to advanced questions from customers in core area and basic questions across multiple areas requiring basic technical expertise
On the Product Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to ensure our customers have access to purchase and port phone numbers around the globe. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is a company that is empowering developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique and a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.