Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Manager, Product Operations to supervise our Product Operations team for our Phone Numbers product. This role will lead the operations team whose primary responsibilities include helping our customers onboard phone numbers to Twilio's platform, porting phone numbers from other carriers to Twilio’s network, and working closely with Twilio’s sales team and our customers to sell and provision short codes and pre-register alphanumeric Sender IDs efficiently and optimally. This requires to partner with other operations, product and engineering teams, as well as sales and support to ensure our customers are successful and our operations are efficient. The Product Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is seeking a Manager, Product Operations to lead the team that runs Twilio’s phone number operations.
- You have a minimum of 1 years of experience leading a team as a manager or team lead and a minimum of 2 years experience working in operations for a technology company.
- You are a specialist of operations, and are able to focus on operational metrics and process improvements. You’re comfortable reporting these metrics out to department leadership.
- You’re empathetic and customer centric to the core.
- You have some experience in planning a team’s workload to support business priorities and deliver customer satisfaction.
- You have knowledge and ability with business intelligence tools, and you have demonstrated the ability to make quick decisions with limited data. You can communicate at an advanced level through data, graphs, and visuals.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- You are calm under pressure as you respond to customer concerns and work with your team to quickly troubleshoot incidents.
As an Manager, Product Operations, you will
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead a small team full of tech- and process-savvy people who love to build seamless operations that benefit our customers. You’ll provide specific, timely feedback to your team of operations specialists. You’ll work toward executing on priorities set for your team on time and within budget.
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive process efficiencies to reduce the amount of requests per operations dollar while meeting customer satisfaction targets. You’ll work with your colleagues to design operational dashboards to resolve health of our operations, and you’ll report out on these dashboards to internal partners.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Report out on the health of your team’s operations weekly and participate in quarterly business review drafting for Twilio’s Executive Team. Additionally, you’ll lead post-mortem processes and customer-facing RFOs.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Partner with Customer Success, Sales, Engineering and Product teams to resolve complex problems for customers. You’ll also participate in operational meetings with your counterparts at our carrier partners to resolve ongoing issues and to proactively prevent future issues.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Handle highly complex and impactful projects, including estimation, prioritization, sequencing team management, and delivery.
On the Product Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to ensure our customers have access to purchase and port phone numbers around the globe. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.