Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers’ and partners’ developers, architects and support personnel to resolve sophisticated problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
This role reports to a Manager, Technical Support and will be based in our Singapore office. This position requires working in a shift.
Twilio is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our APAC/ EMEA Voice Support team. We are seeking candidates with a consistent record of providing outstanding technical support, who have expertise with VOIP/SIP/IP-PBXes, REST APIs, and the development of web and mobile applications.
- 3+ years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols and the use of packet capture tools (e.g. Wireshark) to identify irregularities.
- Experience troubleshooting applications including the ability to experiment with software and telecommunications systems, reproduce customer reported behaviors and communicate these to engineers and vendors.
- The time management skills to handle a large volume of tickets while maintaining high Customer Satisfaction and meeting SLA targets. Able to work standard working hours and a shift schedule that includes a weekend day.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Voice team, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be the voice of Twilio and help customers with issues related to their calls, voice applications, and SIP trunks, as well as carrier and VOIP connections. Surface customer feedback to our Product Management and Engineering teams to identify and drive improvements in our voice products.
- BE AN OWNER: Examine PCAPs, HTTP requests/responses, and application code.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Explore historical and real-time data to aid in diagnosing issues.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Play a pivotal role in urgent customer communications as a frontline member of our on-call team.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
Twilio’s platform empowers the world’s developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems and crafting your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is based at Twilio’s office in Singapore. For now, it’s virtual. When the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided, we expect this leader to be in the office or visiting customers 3+ days per week. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believe in s in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most fast paced applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.