Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What and Why
Twilio seeks a Director of Product to lead our Programmable Video product focused on the video chat market. This person will be responsible for leading a team of product managers, shaping product direction and working with customers to solve their problems efficiently.
In this role, you will be responsible for setting the vision and direction for the team for the next 3-5 years, instituting product processes that enable teams to quickly identify and solve customer problems, owning and reporting business metrics to senior leadership and working with partners across the R&D and GTM organizations.
- You are a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision.
- You have 5+ years of experience in leading product management teams, and 10+ years in product management, product marketing, and/or engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with SaaS products and ideally developer platforms, including self-service growth, GTM strategy and pricing. Experience building real-time communications products is plus, but not required.
- You are analytical in your decision making, with the demonstrated ability to diagnose business problems and drive issues to completion. Proficiency with hands-on analysis to drive product decisions.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills to C-level executives at Twilio and with external partners and customers.
- You’re able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into impactful plans for your team.
- You are a master of agile processes and have managed products with 3+ scrum teams.
- BS in engineering, math or computer science. MBA is a plus.
As Product Director, you will live the Twilio Magic values and foster them within your team:
- DON’T SETTLE: Keep your product managers connected with other product teams across the company for multiple pivotal initiatives. Provide support and mentorship that enables the team to self-organize and to predictably deliver customer value. Foster a culture that encourages individual decision-making and innovation. Inclusive communication will also be critical to maintaining alignment and our culture across our global locations.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate on roadmaps with product and engineering leaders across San Francisco, Denver, Madrid and remote US to ensure the team has clear direction (the ‘why!’) and priorities rooted in customer data.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Inspire your teams and manage their career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior members while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans. Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Be hands-on with the team - both product and engineering. You are not expected to deliver code, but you should possess enough technical experience in cloud-based infrastructure design and operations to recognize the important decisions your team faces and give meaningful advice, based on customer use cases.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Institute product management standard methodologies - ensure the team produces high quality customer research, understands and communicates the problem, and documents the solution (UX, APIs docs, blueprints) and GTM strategy (including pricing).
- BE AN OWNER: Foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to build up the next generation of leaders.
Programmable Video is one of the most exciting products at Twilio helping thousands of customers and developers embed video into their applications. We are looking for a product leader to help drive rapid growth of this product targeted at the multi-billion dollar video chat CPaaS market. Come help us scale the market leading developer platform for video!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $177,024 - $243,408
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $165,960 - $228,195
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks