Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an energetic and highly-analytical individual to support the Foundry team with driving critical initiatives for our customers and prospects. This role is based in San Francisco, CA (open to remote) and will report directly to the Head of Foundry. Twilio Foundry is an executive engagement program that assists our customers with showing the vision and value in partnering with Twilio. We’re a team of consultants that specialize in experience design, customer engagement, and financial analysis. We help businesses develop, prove the value of, and implement a strategic point of view on how to engage customers within their category.
We are looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of working with senior leaders and executives to build financial models. This individual will also have:
- 10+ years experience in financial modeling, corporate development/private equity, and or pre-sales consulting.
- Strong preference for someone with prior experience in a financial-related or customer-facing role at a technology (software) company.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation, and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics.
- Have the technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss strategic vision, and engage with our sales team
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Business Value Consulting Director, Foundry, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Work with clients to understand their key business drivers and consult on how Twilio can support those initiatives – backed by finance and metrics.
- Write it Down: Analyze company financials and strategic markets and provide key findings to stakeholders.
- Draw the Owl: Identify and qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal and external sources and drive end-to-end execution of Value Selling for both our customers and internal sales teams.
- Be an Owner & Be Bold: Lead or assist in all aspects of customer engagements, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution and coaching.
- Empower Others: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio GTM organization and have significant exposure to our senior leadership.
A successful day would include working with our clients to show them the potential of investing in Twilio and enabling our sales teams to think more strategically about how to sell. This can be done through speaking at our industry and field events, Foundry and Executive Briefing Center engagements, and internal QBRs and enablement sessions. You will serve as a thought leader and be responsible for identifying, nurturing, and building relationships with our most innovative and impactful customers to tell their stories and help shape the future of our programs and high-touch campaigns—all while making them wildly successful!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in our SF or NYC office, or remote in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $160,896 - $201,120
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $150,840- $188,550
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks