Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a strong technical content marketer that wants to give customers all the details they need to be successful with Twilio. In this role, you will own the technical content strategy across the channels PMM team that spans blogs, white papers, competitive comparisons, benchmarks, calculators, decks, case studies, webinars etc. This is a cross functional role that will require collaboration across product marketing, sales, demand generation, product development, and developer relations, to identify the themes and topics for technical marketing, and produce content and sometimes enablement in various formats hands-on, as well as collaborate with external content producers when necessary. While this role is technical, we know everyone is different and we don’t have hard and fast requirements. We are looking for you to demonstrate whether you have the core attributes of a great product marketer.
- You thrive building mindshare via content, willingness to experiment with new technologies, and a metrics-driven approach to execution.
- You have creativity, opinions, curiosity, wit, humor in your creative process and you are always thinking ways to drive greater impact.
- You know how to turn a story into a legacy. You are able to clearly articulate complex concepts to leave a lasting impression.
- You can get things done. We want to talk about how you manage projects and influence others.
- You are technical--you like learning how to build things and figuring out how best to demonstrate the benefits of the product.
- You've worked with technology products that have targeted developers with cloud-based services, especially as horizontal platforms.
- You have a good understanding of Twilio's value prop and the apps that have already been built. You can build a Twilio app yourself.
- You understand the global telecommunications ecosystem as well as technical opportunities and limitations.
- Own technical content describing product vision, features, solutions, comparisons, calculators, videos, FAQs etc. to guide the buyer journey.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, with examples of work that demonstrates your command of grammar, and constructs for technical writing, copywriting, and editing.
- Work in an environment that is always in motion--manage priorities so that you handle top priorities as they crop up, without losing momentum on your long term projects.
- Meticulous project management, and ability to coordinate and collaborate across teams, with an eye for details, schedules, and budgets.
Twilio is transforming the way the largest companies in the world communicate by empowering developers to build any customer experience they can imagine on a scalable, trusted and flexible platform. The Product Marketing team at Twilio is responsible for defining the next chapter of customer engagement through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling and customer insights.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Product Marketing team plays an integral role in talking to and listening to customers, to understand their delights, needs and frustrations; and using that to inform the product narrative.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located either in the San Francisco office or remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $109,824 - $151,008
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $96,096 - $132,132
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks