Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director, Managing Counsel (Corporate) to join the legal team. In this role you will oversee legal support and counsel to areas of the business on the range of corporate, governance, securities and compliance matters. You will work collaboratively as part of the corporate legal team to bring a proactive approach to securities law and compliance.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of leading successful corporate legal teams.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience, including at least 5 years at a nationally recognized law firm, including significant work in a corporate & securities practice, and 2+ years of experience as in-house counsel.
- Experience in preparation of public company SEC reporting including ’34 Act filings like the 10-K, 10-Q, proxy statement, Section 16 reports/filings, 8-K and strong SEC disclosure drafting skills.
- Experience assisting with Environmental, Social and Governance matters and reporting initiatives is preferred.
- Provide legal and compliance support on all securities and corporate finance related matters. Partner with the accounting, finance and investor relations departments to ensure compliance with all SEC regulations.
- Prepare and review board and committee materials and advise on all other board related matters.
- Support all governance / compliance policies and procedures, including updates to such policies and procedures, particularly managing Twilio’s Insider Trading Policy and assisting with preclearance requests.
- Work collaboratively to prioritize business objectives and manage the corporate aspects of being a fast-growing company.
- Provide support for other projects, including working on a range of complex equity and securities issues.
- Assist with international expansion relating to subsidiary management, including international corporate governance, international registration, and management of subsidiary entities
- Exceptional attitude, strong work ethic, and excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
As a Director, Managing Counsel, Securities and Equities, you will provide legal support and counsel to Twilio employees, executives and board members on a range of corporate, governance, securities law and compliance matters. Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate, Legal, you will primarily be responsible for securities law compliance, disclosure and reporting, including assisting with the preparation of earning releases and other public announcements. You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide legal counsel in connection with all corporate activities, assisting in preparing SEC reports and disclosures (including reviewing and advising on 10-Ks and 10-Qs, drafting 8-Ks, drafting proxy statements, overseeing Section 16 reporting, and managing legal aspects of SEC reporting process).
- BE AN OWNER: You will work collaboratively as part of the corporate legal team to handle general corporate and board governance matters and bring thought leadership and a proactive approach in the area of securities law and corporate governance and compliance.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Able to provide legal advice and support with respect to cross-functional teams, including equity, executive compensation, subsidiary management, investor relations, finance/accounting, shareholder outreach, as well as manage a small team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Team oriented, with exceptional interpersonal skills, a strong sense of humor, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and sound judgment and able to partner with global cross-functional teams including Investor Relations, Finance, Accounting, Tax, Equity as well as other Legal professionals on various projects.
Twilio’s legal team is rapidly growing, scaling to serve customers around the globe with increasingly complex problems to solve. Our mission is to power a global platform that enables revenue and instills trust with all Twilio stakeholders. We aim to mitigate risk while facilitating high growth and innovation. We’re looking for a stellar leader to join our dynamic legal team working on innovative legal issues across a growing global company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere, for this role you can be located anywhere in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
This role is eligible for hire anywhere in the United States.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 177,024- 243,408
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: 165,960 - 207,450
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks