Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is more than just an API - it’s a communications platform that empowers builders and developers with the building blocks they need to innovate. As the GM of Messaging, you will be responsible for Twilio’s messaging business. Messaging is transforming how businesses and customers communicate with each other and Twilio is at the forefront of that transformation. As the leader of our messaging business, you will be responsible for over $1 Billion business that is changing how every company engages its customers.
Twilio is looking for a leader that:
- Has 15+ years of hands on product and/or engineering management experience.
- Experience managing teams of 250+ people
- 5+ years of experience managing a significant P&L well over $100M
- High-growth technology company experience.
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications.
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner.
- Experience with meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline, growth, etc.
- Proven experience in building and launching complex platforms at scale.
- Extensive experience providing product direction to meet customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science or equivalent experience is a minimum requirement.
As the GM of Messaging you will:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own product roadmap that delivers products and features that will help drive revenue growth. Responsible for P&L for a sizable portion of the company's revenue. Lead the strategy, planning, and execution of the team to meet customer demand.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with customers to define new platform capabilities and solutions.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate with internal partners (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc.) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans and pricing frameworks.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build diverse teams and seek out unique points of view to deliver products that reflect the global population and make communication more inclusive for all.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members. Manage, build, and develop cross-functional product teams.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: Developing Minimum - Premium Mid
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: Developing Minimum - Premium Mid
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks