Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications! We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. With our rapid scale we are seeking a GM to lead our Studio product line, one of our core applications across many of our services. The GM of Studio is responsible for the vision of the product, its business success and will help develop the monetization strategy of its ambitious evolution. You will lead the product and engineering teams, while working closely with Marketing, Sales, and Finance, among others, to set the vision, define and execute the product strategy, and fuel customer growth.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- A demonstrated track record running a fast growing SaaS business
- 15+ years of hands-on leadership experience within product management, engineering and go-to-market teams.
- 5+ years of experience leading a significant P&L
- 5+ years of experience with products in the self-service, collaboration, workflow and automation, customer experience, or contact center space.
- Experience running cloud based developer facing products such as API services, application deployment platforms or developer tools.
- Experience leading global teams in a high-growth technology company
- Experience building and launching sophisticated platforms at scale and providing product direction to meet customer needs
- Highly analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Experience with meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline, growth, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent and clearly communicate and engage with key partners like executive leadership, investors, and customer C-suite executives
- Highly ambitious and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
As GM, Studio, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead a full P&L for a product with hyper-growth potential. Own the vision, product strategy and execution for the Studio product. Work with supporting functions to continuously analyze, and act on business performance. Be a leader with vision and strong partner to the executive team and your peers on the extended leadership team.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DRAW THE OWL: Wear our customers shoes by being the executive owner for the product in front of our customers. The buck stops with you. Build lasting relationships with our key customers and develop new relationships with emerging key customers who will lead us to new market opportunities. Identify new areas of strategic investment, including M&A, that will open up new market opportunities for Twilio.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate with internal partners (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc.) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans and pricing frameworks. Work with your team to define and document the 5+ year strategy, roadmap and GTM strategy for Studio and execute it accordingly.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build diverse teams and seek out unique points of view to deliver products that reflect the global population and make communication more inclusive for all.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members. Partner with go-to-market to align on marketing and sales objectives and plans that delivers the pipeline and bookings needed to reach topline goals.
Twilio Studio (https://www.twilio.com/studio) is our low-code visual application platform for building communication workflows. It's the fastest way to build and scale applications like IVRs and chatbots on Twilio today. Because it is a visual tool and requires very little code, Studio not only accelerates professional developers to build quickly, but also enables "citizen developers" to directly implement on Twilio’s platform without a development team. Studio is part of a larger industry trend that is helping change the definition of a developer to include anyone who has the builder mentality. As the GM of Studio, you will set the vision and deliver the platform and tools that enable builders of all types to automate processes and design customer communication and engagement services with speed and at scale. This is a rare opportunity to lead a hardworking, fast growing team that will be part of defining the future of how distinctive customer experiences are delivered. .
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be US-based remote (with occasional travel to the SF Bay area and Denver), or in either our Denver or San Francisco offices. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary: $300,000 - $330,000
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks