Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that a reliable and secure communication platform should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our growing customer-base ranges from individual developers to enterprises organizations who collectively demonstrate our communications platform to interact with millions of consumers daily.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our Consumer Trust Customer Support team, responsible for the products used to protect Twilio and its customers. Excellent customer service is one of the core values of our company and what our customers have come to expect and love about Twilio. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, employing empathy and technical expertise to guide customers through compliance actions, including investigations, suspensions, bans, and audits taken to protect the Twilio platform and our users.
Twilio operates a 24/7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) is required.
We’re looking for a customer-obsessed support engineer with a demonstrated track record of going above and beyond to own urgent and high-profile issues and drive them to resolution. As a candidate for this role:
- You have 2+ years experience working cases in the compliance, fraud or abuse space.
- You have worked around compliance, fraud, or abuse tooling or other rules engines and understand how to interpret reports
- Solid technical skills - experience in common enterprise OS’s (Window, Linux), basic scripting knowledge (JS, PHP) and markup languages (HTML, XML).
- Experience with using industry tools to search databases, create custom queries, and generate reports - Splunk, DataDog, SQL-tools.
- A demonstrated history of customer focus and compassion, including the ability to communicate sophisticated issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience handling critical issues effectively and efficiently
- Proven time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to identify process and team improvements, and demonstrable experience to create and curate internal and external documentation
As the Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Demonstrate technical competency, situational awareness, and empathy to protect Twilio, our customers, and consumers through audits, investigations, and enforcement actions.
- BE AN OWNER & DON’T SETTLE: Handle ticket queues efficiently and effectively, help with triaging of P1 issues, and act as the primary owner of high visibility/impacting issues.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide regular summaries of major live issues, incidents, escalated cases, and process challenges. Keep customers updated and provide guidance on next steps.
- DRAW THE OWL & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Identify ways to improve existing processes and procedures. Ensure Support SLAs and CSAT goals are consistently met and ticket queues are well managed.
- BE INCLUSIVE & NO SHENANIGANS: Play a pivotal role in urgent customer communications as a frontline member of our on-call team. Interact, collaborate and network with other teams in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
The Consumer Trust Support Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to prevent consumer harm by offering products and services that protect our customers and help them authenticate their users. We also ensure that every call, email and message that is made using our service is wanted, safe and legal.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$61,888 - $85,096
Rest of Colorado:
$54,152 - $74,459
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks