Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Are you a data-driven Software Engineer who is opinionated on what it takes to make somebody successful? Are you always thinking about ways to make your product more relevant to a larger audience? If so, we are looking for you!
The Self-Serve Engineering team sits at the nexus of Sales, Marketing and Engineering focused on making Twilio customers successful using our platform. We are building and powering the onboarding experience for the fastest growing $1B company in Silicon Valley, with over 6m developers on our platform and hundreds of thousands signing up every year. While listening closely to our customers and other product teams at Twilio, the person in this role is also responsible for creating delightful signup and onboarding experiences.
From removing friction on signup, to rethinking the trial experience, to creating a whole new lifecycle for on boarding developers, the Self-Serve Engineering team is responsible for introducing more people to Twilio and what it can do for them.
To be successful at this role, here is what you should bring:
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate production microservices that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency and quality in a cloud environment.
- You love to write code with a test driven approach and take great pride in the quality, resilience and performance of your code.
- You bring experience with complex distributed systems, comfortable with multiple programming languages and enjoy exploring and learning new programming patterns.
- You care about UX and design and how they apply to the customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related equivalent experience.
The Self-Serve Engineering team at Twilio is responsible for the first experience a person sees when they join Twilio. We are responsible for shepherding customers to success by having influence and ownership of large parts of the Twilio surface area, including signups, onboarding in the Console, and integration with docs.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- DON’T SETTLE: Working alongside a small and collaborative team, white-boarding ideas, building new solutions as well as constantly improving discovery for Twilio's top products to generate significant revenue
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS’ SHOES: Putting yourself in the customers’ shoes by talking to them and understanding how they use Twilio
- DON’T SETTLE: Working with a PM, EM and Tech Lead to influence product roadmaps and sprints
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Reviewing code and offering improvements to coding practices and processes to impact the larger organization
The right candidate is passionate about software design, developer tools, and using data to guide innovation. He or she has:
- 2-4 years experience building software as a product manager, founder, engineer, or designer
- Sufficient familiarity with programming, APIs and frameworks to understand how customers work create with Twilio
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions. Prefer BS/BA in Economics, Math, Engineering, CS, or a quantitative field
- An entrepreneurial mindset, ready to assemble and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to foster alignment and a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to distill key takeaways quickly.
- Experience in Go, React and/or Scala is a bonus.
Ultimately, we seek people who demonstrate the Twilio Magic.
Twilio has a distributed and remote-friendly office structure, thus the location of this position will be flexible. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 90,752 USD - 113,440 USD
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: 79,408 USD - 99,260 USD
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law.
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks