Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our General Ledger team as we scale for future growth and carry out the overall Finance & Accounting mission of effective and efficient financial reporting. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position will primarily focus on Twilio’s capitalized software process to ensure it is complete and accurate as well as help to steer successful integrations of CapSW processes of newly acquired companies into Twilio’s process. Additionally, this position will help us with various projects within the team and other GL transactions.They will partner with Finance, Accounting & Engineering teams to understand what improvements can be made to our processes to ensure it scales with the business and anticipate accounting and SOX compliance impacts. We are looking for an individual excited to bring their strong US GAAP, process improvement and technical accounting skills to a collaborative team-based working environment in a fast-growing company.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment, problem solving and the ability to meet deadlines. They also have:
- 3-5 years of accounting experience including experience in public accounting
- Operational or technical experience accounting for capitalized software
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and SOX compliance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize and perform multiple projects while working with varying team members, as well as work independently with limited required direction
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Eager to learn new things and take on additional tasks to support the team
- Experience with large ERP system and other general accounting softwares
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA license preferred
As a Senior Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document business procedures as processes evolve, and document learnings from meetings and interactions with various groups.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify new processes as the business continues to change and critically analyze variations from expectations.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of capitalized software, including close, process improvement projects, stakeholder meetings, and product analysis.
- DON’T SETTLE: Challenge existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement and ensure timely recording of capitalized software.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Spend the time to deeply understand our stakeholders and solve problems from their perspective.
The Accounting team at Twilio is essential to our continued growth as a company and ensuring that we produce accurate and complete financials in an efficient manner.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $68,906.00 - $85,120.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $59,584.00- $74,480.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks