Because you belong at Twilio.
Twilio.org, Twilio’s social impact division, is seeking a Community Impact Manager to join the team. At Twilio, we believe in the power of technology to support people in underserved communities build better lives, respond to crises and inspire action to change the world.
As a member of Twilio.org’s Funding & Engagement team, you will lead our efforts to bring together the San Francisco social impact and tech sectors to help marginalized communities. Over time, you will also help us define and execute strategies to help other Twilio hub communities. You will build and implement our community-focused priorities using our company's unique assets — our products, people, and funding — to improve the communities where we live and work.
As the Community Impact Manager for Twilio.org, you are a builder and convener. You have a track record of catalyzing and sustaining impactful partnerships, and believe that technology has the power to positively impact our world.
- Build and execute Twilio’s localized community strategy to make the San Francisco Bay Area more equitable
- Develop recommendations and achieve leadership alignment around the social issues and organizations Twilio will invest in as part of our community impact
- Use Twilio resources and partner with internal teams and resources (including Impact Fund, Employee Impact, Marketing, and Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion) to amplify impact
- Identify and cultivate partnerships with local leaders and influencers closest to the issues in their neighborhoods and communities
- Engage Twilio leadership and Twilions to activate employee giving and engagement
- Create a model for how the private, public, and social sectors can partner together to create sustainable impact for local communities
- Built and led high-impact, sustainable programs that positively benefit historically underserved communities
- Deep knowledge of the issues that marginalized communities in the San Francisco Bay Area face
- An extensive network of relationships with government, community and private sector leaders in the region
- Catalyzed and led multi-stakeholder partnerships across government, private sector, and community leaders that have created sustainable solutions to local issues
- 8+ years of community leadership experience
As a Twilio.org team member, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: You are not afraid of (and in fact, are motivated by) setting big, bold goals and determining how you’ll get there.
- DRAW THE OWL: You are excited to build a strategy from scratch. When you don’t know the way forward, your creativity and resourcefulness will help you problem-solve.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: you deeply understand the people and communities we are seeking to help. You will get in the weeds, meet with people, and bring their perspective to scale Twilio’s community impact.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Your approach and solutions will harness Twilio’s products, people and capital in a way that supports leaders of the community, by the community and for the community.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will collaborate with our partners across the company to execute our community strategy.
In December 2020, as San Francisco-based companies were announcing their departure from the Bay Area, Twilio’s CEO Jeff Lawson pledged to stay and help the SF Bay Area “emerge stronger, more equitable, and more sustainable for all.” You will help craft how Twilio participates in and strengthens our communities.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be based in our San Francisco office. You will work from home during the current pandemic measures. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. You will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks