Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our amazing EMEA team supporting our customers’ with their Programmable Messaging issues. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and function as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s platform.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by solving tough problems and enjoys helping others work through complex technical issues. You’re a strong communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email and you’re able to empathize with frustrated customers from all backgrounds. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues on your team, help them with the day to day challenges, and are able to contribute ideas on how to improve the team’s work.
You should have a firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and experience in a telecom environment. You’ve got strong time management skills, and are efficient at getting work done in a dynamic work environment while still following standard processes and procedures.
Twilio operates a 24x7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) may be required.
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and wants to delight our customers! If you’ve got any of the below experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- 4+ years of experience in a client-facing, technical role.
- Past telecom experience, including troubleshooting SMS issues.
- Ability to address customer concerns and provide feedback in a friendly, diplomatic and empathetic way; you treat customer problems like your own.
- Ability to help, train and mentor team-members, and advise on improvements for our Programmable Messaging product.
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including escalations to third parties.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API’s with the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- Bonus: fluent in a second European language German, French, Spanish, Italian
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, or relevant experience related to this position.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: You will help customers solve their technical challenges through tickets, phone calls, and chat conversations
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify ways to improve existing processes and procedures
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Occasionally you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure Support SLAs and CSAT goals are consistently met and ticket queues are well managed.
- BE AN OWNER: You will interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
This position will be based in Prague. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.