Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Tableau Administrator who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working hands-on doing Tableau Admin activities in addition to setting up the Tableau governance framework and handling customer escalations.
- Experience with Tableau desktop version 2019.2 or above
- Strong change management approach for software, hardware upgrades, patches, etc.
- Ability to supervise server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/improvements
- Experience managing the administration and maintenance of Tableau online licenses for Twilio’s Sales and the Go To Market Operations teams to include onboarding and offboarding users, managing group permissions, inclusion and exclusion to account(s) based on role changes, site access management, maintenance of projects, workbooks, and data sources, etc.
- Ability to perform performance tuning and server management for Tableau server environments (clustering, load balancing, etc.).
- Skilled at crafting and managing Groups, Workbooks, Projects, Database Views, Data Sources and Data Connections.
- Proactively communicates with the key stakeholders to understand and resolve issues.
- Serves as the Sales Comp Business Partner with IT
- Leverages industry best practices when rolling out new and deprecating old dashboards to the field.
- Has strong development experience, providing analytical solutions including designing and developing new Workbooks as well as optimizing existing Workbooks for business users.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of professional experience with Tableau dashboard development, Tableau Server and Tableau Online
- Experience working with various data sources, to include Relational Databases (e.g. MS SQL Server)
- Strong understanding of data analytics
- Data warehouse understanding
As a Sales Compensation Tableau Admin, you will live the Twilio Magic values
- BE AN OWNER: Act as an interpersonal subject matter expert for Tableau, and other Enterprise-level reporting systems and tools. Responsible for reporting, tracking and trending analysis to support Sales Compensation and its operational effectiveness.
- DRAW THE OWL: Design, develop, produce, and test reports & dashboards through Tableau, and/or other Enterprise-level reporting tools.
- BE BOLD: Drive technology, business and business reporting adoption best practices
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be mindful of changes to the business that may impact the current solution - new products and business lines, acquisitions, reorganizations, system changes, etc
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Trace unexpected results back to their source and diagnose underlying issues. If unable to resolve directly, own coordination and resolution with appropriate resources.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Coordinate with the Analytics & Reporting Managers, Sales Compensation team members. Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis to provide business insight
- WRITE IT DOWN: Remain current with Tableau, Tableau Server and other reporting systems, tools, and products and modules through regular engagement with and training.
The Sales Operations team is crucial to the success and scalability of our sales organization and its supporting teams. Our main goal is to empower and support our sales organization that, in turn, propels company performance. As part of this team, you will collaborate closely with business owners across functions and sales leaders.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bangalore, India office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.