Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a talented, creative, and high-integrity Senior Business Analyst to join our Pricing & Monetization team! The Pricing team is responsible for the development and implementation of the pricing and packaging strategy for Twilio’s growing suite of products. Reporting to the Director of Pricing and Monetization Strategy, this position is critical in supporting the Pricing team and the overall pricing strategy to deliver customer-friendly, innovative pricing solutions to market. Pricing and packaging is an integral lever to accelerate Twilio’s revenue growth. It touches nearly every part of our business and is a critical part of our customer experience.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Business Analyst for the Pricing & Monetization team who lives the Twilio Magic . Someone who will be passionate about solving business problems, automating data, business intelligence and reporting needs. Key skills and responsibilities include ability to
- Work multi-functionally across the internal Pricing team as well as external constituents who support Twilio tools and business processes to understand the availability of data and underlying data sets
- Elicit business requirements and develop reporting to help understand business trends
- Collect and analyze data through manual and automated collection methods
- Translate abstract data into easily-digestible and highly-visual dashboard applications for internal Pricing use as well as executive-level report deliverables
- Interpret data trends, analyze results using analytics techniques, and provide ongoing reports or patterns in complex datasets
- Provide technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, data cleansing, and data extraction and segmentation techniques
- Manipulate large data sets with high dimensionality and complexity; fluency in SQL, Excel/Google Sheets, BI reporting/Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker) and one coding language (Python, R, Java etc.)
- Provide ongoing reporting and delivery along with ad-hoc support for reporting and data for the team
- Experience with reporting from CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver with ability to perform in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment
- Great interpersonal communication skills including user support
- 5+ years of experience working with data, developing dashboards and visualizations, trending reporting and analyses
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Background in Strategic Pricing and/or custom deal pricing a plus
As the Sr. Business Analyst, Pricing & Monetization you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross-functionally to build and communicate key insights, and collaborate closely with a variety of business owners.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Synthesize customer data to perform root cause analysis.
- DRAW THE OWL: Align quantitative proof points with qualitative issues with marketing and sales pipeline across regions.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Develop an intimate understanding of sales strategy, organizational structure, and business objectives. Work relentlessly to make them more successful.
- BE AN OWNER: Act as an enabling business partner to your teammates and Twilio’s global sales leaders and managers to increase overall sales.
The Pricing and Monetization team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to utilize the pricing lever to guide company strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks