Fraud Prevention Specialist
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names and they collectively interact with millions of consumers. Unfortunately, communications can also be misused by bad actors who attempt to game the system for nefarious purposes. We are looking for someone that is passionate about preventing fraud and abuse. The ideal candidate has excellent research and investigation skills, is comfortable using data to identify patterns and trends, enjoys challenging/ complex case work and is able to help us resolve urgent issues impacting consumers worldwide. In this role, you will work with team members across the organization to investigate issues, determine root cause gaps that bad actors exploit and determine how best to close those gaps.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technology discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience working cases in the compliance, fraud or abuse space, preferably within an eCommerce, Email, or Telecommunications organization
- You have basic technical skills including basic SQL and an understanding of APIs and data analytics.
- You’re empathetic and love working with customers to solve their problems, backed with data.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills and comfort with ambiguity.
- You have above average written and verbal communication skills and are able to articulate concepts/ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- You are willing to collaborate with communications partners and players in the industry to resolve issues, troubleshoot, and build trust.
- You have the ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills and are comfortable working under pressure.
As a Fraud Prevention Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic by:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES:Protect Twilio customers and consumers through ongoing identification of bad actors, fraudulent activity and evolving tactics - taking action daily to stop bad actors/ activity while minimizing false positives.
- BE BOLD: Identify trends, root cause gaps and recommend appropriate preventative solutions to stop bad actors from being successful.
- BE AN OWNER: Use a variety of internal and external tools to Investigate cases assigned quickly and efficiently, perform analysis to understand bad actor behavior and demonstrate willingness to learn and become a subject matter expert in fraud investigations.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ensure the most critical cases are worked first, determine the best actions to take to minimize losses and consumer harm.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot technical problems with our internal tooling and external product offerings.
- DRAW THE OWL: Design and optimize new processes to ensure our customers have an excellent experience with Twilio.
You will be willing to work on one day on the weekend.
You will be willing to work on 6am-3pm, 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm, or 12pm - 9pm schedules depending on the business need.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a product leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $51,136 - $70,312
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $44,744 - $61,523
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks