Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names and they collectively interact with millions of consumers. Unfortunately, communications can also be misused by bad actors who attempt to game the system for nefarious purposes. We are looking for a Project Manager for our global Consumer Trust Fraud Operations team to coordinate and drive the team’s key initiatives as well as interface with internal stakeholders. The right candidate is comfortable in a fast paced, ever changing environment and is passionate about preventing consumer harm.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations Management, Engineering, or similar subject area or equivalent job experience.
- You have 4+ years of program management experience, preferably in a global organization.
- You are a quick learner, able to learn complex new systems and processes at a subject matter expert level and then explain the functionality and approach to others.
- You have experience identifying and driving process improvements that help improve customer experience and make teams more efficient.
- You are able to build relationships with stakeholders across the organization.
- You are comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable presenting to large groups.
- You have strong interpersonal and organizational skills. This job requires engagement with subject matter experts to set objectives and outcomes
- You have the technical aptitude and understanding of software development to interface with Engineering partners
- 2+ years of experience working cases in the compliance, fraud or abuse space, preferably within an eCommerce, Email, or Telecommunications organization
As Project Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic:
- BE BOLD: Identify and lead projects and initiatives that help us improve as an organization. Hold the global Fraud Operations team accountable for hitting long term targets.
- DRAW THE OWL: Find and identify the business problems that need to be solved and then determine the best way to solve them, using data and customer experience to guide you.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create project plans and drive their execution, providing regular updates. Communicate up, down and across and collaborate successfully with PMs, engineers, operational agents, and other stakeholders on products, tools and analytical systems used for detecting and remediating fraud and compliance issues.
- DON’T SETTLE: Demonstrate an unrelenting passion for fighting badness and preventing consumer impact from bad actors.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Partner with Sales, Support, Product, Compliance, Legal and InfoSec teams to evaluate and improve operating procedures, tools and workflows.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead initiatives that drive automation and improve workflow efficiency.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth and risk mitigation objectives.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Assist the Fraud Operations team to intake requests and work with management to prioritize them.
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications, and the mission of the Fraud Operations team is to protect the integrity of Twilio’s communications platform against fraudulent activity. Your leadership will be critical to the success of this mission. Our customers and partners need to be able to trust that Twilio’s platform is protected against fraud 24 x 7 x 365.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds a broad culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $82,496 - $113,432
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $72,184 - $99,253
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks