Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
As a Software Engineering Manager of the Voice & Video Customer Experience team, you will lead a team responsible for providing an outstanding experience for our customers in leading and scaling all aspects of Voice and Video services. This includes customer on-boarding, configuration of services, troubleshooting, as well as optimizing applications using real-time analytics and tools through a Twilio web portal as well as quick guides and reference applications.
Twilio is looking for a hardworking and experienced engineering leader who lives the Twilio Magic and who is excited at the opportunity to lead future efforts in our Voice & Video Customer & Developer experience team:
- 7+ years validated experience in engineering with 3+ years of hands-on experience leading and developing teams of 5-10 people. You have been a developer yourself with a minimum five years hands-on experience developing and scaling full stack applications.
- You have demonstrated experience leading inclusive teams, mentoring engineers, and teaching tried and tested practices that help teams grow.
- You institute development best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well architected and supportable code. Lead reviews of architecture design.
- You own, operate and maintain your team's services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident issue and response processes for the team.
- Ideal candidate will collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is cross-training and a healthy balance between features and technical debt.
- You collaborate with our central design team to ensure consistency across our user experiences.
- You are a strategic problem solver and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services. As a pragmatist, you are able to distill sophisticated and ambiguous situations into measurable plans for your team. You are someone who has solved complex problems and has the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Lead and grow a team of engineers in delivering the product. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Handle employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- DON'T SETTLE: Institute development best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Own, operate and maintain your team's product. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is cross-training and a healthy balance between features and technical debt.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
Twilio Developers use Programmable Voice & Video to build unique communication experiences to make, receive and control interactions around the globe. Twilio’s Voice & Video Console team provides a cohesive Developer Customer Experience for Voice & Video touch points through the Twilio Console, from onboarding to operating services to scale. This includes experiences configuring services and continuous refinement of Voice & Video Product capabilities.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Madrid office or remotely in Spain. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.