The Who, What, Where and Why
The Inbound Sales Development Representative team is a critical component of our go-to-market strategy and presents an outstanding opportunity to learn fundamental sales skills in preparation for an exciting career in software sales. Our goal is to create great customer experiences by being Twilio product experts and consulting with customers to identify their needs and pain points.
This role will report into the Senior Manager, Sales Development on our Inbound Sales Development team and will be based in Singapore.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record within Sales Development. They also have:
- 2+ years' of experience in sales development.
- Quickly and efficiently fielding and qualifying interest from our various inbound channels including, but not limited to, phone, chat, and request for contact forms.
- From these conversations, you will master the art of discovery, and inspire new use cases where Twilio can solve our customer’s challenges.
- Ultimately identify high value opportunities for the New Business sales team from the customers you connect with.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant years of experience.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: We’re looking for a hungry, ambitious, and talented individual who has a passion for communications and wants to start their sales career at a world-class sales organization.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: You are right for this role if you’re excited by working with customers, exceeding key performance metrics, and contributing back to the team team through various leadership initiatives.
- DON'T SETTLE: You are a results-oriented individual who is excited by the prospect of fueling the continued growth and success of Twilio by growing our sales pipeline. You have a “can do” attitude and are relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems.
The Sales Development team is central to Twilio's continued growth and the initial point of contact for potential customers. We lead all aspects of identifying and evaluating customers that will increase the sales pipeline and have a significant impact.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 9 Straits View Marina One West Tower. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks and regular team events and activities along with regular company and regional All Hands and more. You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.