Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to go-to-market planning to revenue ownership. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your products. You will lead the product requirements required to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services that must operate at better than five 9s availability, all while the product grows at an exponential growth rate.
Twilio is looking for a Product Manager to join the SMS team of our Programmable Messaging Product. You will understand the needs of our customers in the global SMS market and build products to help our customers scale and deploy worldwide. Working side by side with other product managers and engineering counterparts, you will collaborate to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Programmable SMS at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of Product Development. They also have:
- 2+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have hustle and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often competing - sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are coming up with product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both in the same day.
- Previous experience as a developer and the ability to have a comfortable conversation with developers.
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Product Manager, you will be doing many things including:
- Jointly own the overall roadmap for Programmable SMS products. Every country and network has its own quirks that we design and build for.
- Operate a multi-million dollar business delivering text messages globally.
- Work directly with the carriers in moving the ecosystem forward and building products for both the carriers and our customers.
- Be the leading expert on our messaging customers, understanding what and how they are building, where they get stuck, and what tools or tech will make their jobs easier.
- Report on both the business and operational performance of your products and customers on a weekly basis
Brands globally are incorporating more and more text messages into their workflows, informing users of appointments, deliveries, and connecting brands to their customers. Usage is set to continue growing exponentially and Twilio’s Programmable Messaging business unit is at the forefront of this revolution.
Our business unit builds not just the messaging products of today, but also of tomorrow. From Twilio’s API for WhatsApp to future initiatives like Rich Communication Services (RCS), and Apple Business Chat, Twilio’s Programmable Messaging APIs ensure that brands around the world are able to connect to their customers on the channels that make the most sense.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. With 6 million developers on the platform, you will have the opportunity to have an impact on a massive scale. Your job will be to turn developers into heros!
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $90,752 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $79,408 - $109,186
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks