Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. With Twilio Conversations we enable companies to integrate omni-channel communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and developer friendly SDKs. Conversations build personal connections with customers at scale on WhatsApp, SMS, MMS, and Chat on iOS, Android and web.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, who is passionate about building and leading the best engineering teams and shipping quality products. You will have a truly fantastic opportunity to support a world-class engineering team delivering a highly-available, globally-distributed, and bulletproof-resilient backend infrastructure for Twilio’s conversational messaging.
We are looking for a versatile, enthusiastic leader who lives the Twilio Magic, comes with product thinking and customer focus eager to bring our cloud-hosted Software-as-a-Service API products to new heights.
You also have:
- A track record of leading engineering teams in software companies and coordinating initiatives across boundaries.
- Ability to represent your customers’ perspectives. You plan for how they will be impacted by the new features you add to the Conversations stack, and you always work to enable their success.
- A solid engineering background and possess hands-on knowledge with deploying, monitoring and troubleshooting large-scale services in production.
- Passion for operational excellence and have the know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it.
- A fair knowledge of cloud security, data privacy aspects and compliance processes.
- Strong ability to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
As an Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS & BE INCLUSIVE: Nurture your team. Hire great, diverse people, provide coaching, mentorship, manage their performance and career development.
- BE AND OWNER & WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate with Tech Leads, Product Managers and Architects: you will work on requirements, execution plans, define and track measurable goals for the team, and help guide our product roadmap.
- WEAR CUSTOMER SHOES & BE BOLD: Ship great products. Release, deploy and maintain world-class software in accordance with Twilio's engineering practices.
- DON’T SETTLE: Invest in operational maturity. Build trust and reliability in your products, review performance against service level objectives, address incidents, and prioritize improvements.
The services and APIs developed by the Messaging team are used by thousands of customers in production, both internal and external to Twilio. You will have an opportunity to challenge yourself and the team by building scalable and robust Conversations and Sync platform services in the world-class company for world-class customers. Our infrastructure powers aspects of Flex and works in concert with Programmable Messaging suite. Our multi-tenant services and APIs provide a solid platform for a variety of use-cases, including mobile workforce, customer support, personal advisors, healthcare, scaling from startup to enterprise solutions.
This position will be located in our new beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), mobile phone and gym reimbursement, monthly mobile expense coverage, monthly health expense coverage etc.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join our really diverse, international team in Tallinn!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.