Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Community Manager who will help us accelerate the momentum of our developer community in Japan by supporting our community meetups program!
As a Community Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for all organizational details of our community meetups program, providing proactive logistic support for each event from the planning to day of and through post-event. You will ensure that all participants from presenters to community members are fully satisfied with the event.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include proactive event coordination including booking venues, ordering catering, tracking budgets, submitting procurement and contract reviews, setting up registration webpage, promoting events via email and social network and within the community. You will manage multiple competing deadlines and be responsible for making decisions in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
This is a 12 month fixed term role with the potential to convert into a full time role based on performance and results.
Come join us!
We are looking for a self starter who lives the Twilio Magic and has excellent administrative and interpersonal skills who can enhance our community meetups programs. You are:
- An energetic forward-thinking spark who loves bringing people together, sparking conversation and engaging with a community.
- A highly organized person who sweats the details.
- Have experience managing multiple concurrent projects and prioritizing across projects to make sure each is completed at a level of excellence.
- A great communicator who isn't satisfied until you know that everyone knows where they need to be and when to be there.
- Comfortable collaborating across multiple teams in order to get the job done.
All candidates must have both reading and writing fluency in English and native level fluency in Japanese.
- Empower Others
- In partnership with external Twilio community leaders, maintain an ongoing calendar of upcoming virtual and in-person meetup events, soliciting from community leaders key event details such as dates, agendas and presenters.
- Partner with internal partners to identify a roster of candidate technical presenters which can be offered to meetup organizers as upcoming speakers
- Write it Down
- For each event create and manage an event web page. Solicit biographical information from event presenters and post to the event web page. For both in-person and virtual events, communicate location and presentation logistics information to presenters.
- Execute a promotional checklist for sponsored events including updating Twilio's own events page and collaborating with internal marketing teams to promote events via email and social media.
- For virtual events, manage the setup of the event within a virtual events platform
- Draw the Owl
- For in-person events, coordinate the rental of event spaces, ensuring that they meet needed space and presentation requirements. Organize event catering as needed.
- Be an Owner
- Serve as the primary point of contact for real-time event logistics troubleshooting.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio Community Managers support our mission to inspire and equip developers by creating and coordinating spaces for our community to gather. We work with our peers across the Developer Network to collectively guide, amplify and rally developers. Together we introduce them to Twilio, help them get their projects shipped, build strong end enduring friendships with them and help them take the spotlight.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Tokyo office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.