Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and evolving our workforce strategy to embrace a long-term distributed, global workforce model. We are seeking a Director of Organizational Effectiveness to lead the transformation of how we work with a mission to make it easy to work effectively at Twilio and to establish us as a leader in open, distributed work. This person will design, build, and lead the effort to create a scalable openwork strategy and infrastructure. We're looking for someone who is passionate about helping the organization adapt to changing needs by using data-driven methods to analyze and evaluate our employees’ engagement, efficiency and performance while promoting a strong and equitable experience. This person will be critical to the success of our continued growth and scaling efforts!
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading strategic People programs. They also have:
- 12+ years of experience in HR, organization effectiveness, or talent/programs supporting a distributed workforce (consulting combined with in house experience)
- Strategic problem solver and proven change agent with experience managing and designing programs that support distributed and virtual work environments
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong business sense and ability to align change management approach to business needs, particularly for rapid growth, fast paced technology businesses
- Ability to enroll leadership support and engagement and influence employee desire to adopt changes
- Excellent communication, collaboration, influencing, and problem-solving skills
- Highly flexible, self-directed, and adapts well to change and accelerated timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop talent and build a high performing team.
As the Director of Organizational Effectiveness, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the strategy, change management, communications, and implementation for Twilio’s immediate and long-term plan for flexible open work
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with the People leadership team, IT, Real Estate and other teams to drive the evolution of the programs, processes, systems, and benefits vital to build a positive, equitable, and inclusive global, distributed employee experience
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop program, tools, processes, and methodologies related to change readiness and change management
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with Employee Experience and the Talent Development teams to optimize new hire onboarding and craft a learning foundation for employees and managers to elevate their effectiveness in a distributed work environment
- BE BOLD & BE INCLUSIVE: Conduct benchmarking and research to stay abreast of remote work trends and standard methodologies
The Talent Management team is a vital part of Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with leadership and management across the organization to develop Twilio’s most important resource: our people. Now that we are an increasingly diverse, distributed and complex workforce, our work is even more critical as we work to provide predictable, stable, scalable, and impactful development opportunities to the entire organization.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $146,240.00 to 201,080.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $137,100 to $188,513.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks