Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Sales Program Manager to design and executive initiatives and programmatic institutions to get results for our Public Sector sales segment. The individual in this role will join the team as a business partner to the Head of NAMER Public Sector and their team. They must be comfortable working with and/or learning about government contracts, government distribution, fulfillment/resell and outsourcing channel motions.
Twilio is looking for a Public Sector Sales Program Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of managing and leading complex projects and programs. They also have:
- 5+ years of experience in sales programs, sales operations, or sales management with focus around Public Sector experience with a focus around Federal/SLED accounts.
- Experience developing and operationalizing projects and programs to support the Public Sector at scale. Ability to take broad concepts and the vision and then develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and effectively execute those plans.
- Exceptional problem-solving and project management skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, define breakthroughs, and execute to completion
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand, strong bias to action and excellent time management and prioritization skills. Adept in leading and managing without formal authority and bias to action within ambiguous and fast paced environments
- An effective communicator. Provide clear written materials and so-whats, with meaningful synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down. You deliver pithy, well organized artifacts (presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making.
- Bring data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, prepare analysis and recommendations for strategic decision making. Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations
- Example projects you will work on range from the very strategic to the very operational:
- Partnering with reseller partners to continuously maintain order hygiene
- Continuous maintenance around the PubSec accounts to ensure territorial purity
- Data maintenance on account accuracy and ensuring ongoing updates
- Define process for on going projects and future models
- Deliverables range from robust analytic models, custom performance analysis, and the packaging of findings into presentation-ready content cross functional team members.
- Design and interpret data management metrics, including gap analysis, targeting, campaign execution, measurement of market readiness, and training
- A bachelor’s degree and prior work related experience or equivalent
Regarding culture, we seek people who demonstrate our values, enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, “draw the owl”, and adapt their playbook when necessary. As a Sales Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Define, design, launch, and run pivotal initiatives that contribute to our go-to-market plan; lead operational programs, communicating proposals and updates to senior leadership.
- BE BOLD: Lead efforts to scale the execution of sales activities and market growth strategies by building mechanisms and programs that reach across all geos, territories, and channels, with the goal of driving adoption.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Create a strong partnership with sales, ensuring they are well-equipped with the content, training, knowledge of available resources, and core curriculum necessary to effectively sell Twilio.
- DON'T SETTLE: Be responsible for building a strategic business development plan that defines priorities, ensuring it is well aligned across Twilio, and executing the plan while working with key internal partners.
The Public Sector team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is a US remote position. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $87,360 - $120,120
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks