Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to working with other teams to interact with your platform. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow the platform. You will lead the product requirements required to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services that operate at telephone network reliability, all while the product grows at an exponential rate.
Twilio is looking for a Product Manager Director to join and lead the Data Platform’s product team. You will understand the needs of our end customers in the global communications market and build a platform to help internal teams handle their data. Working side by side with other product managers and engineering counterparts across Twilio R&D, you will collaborate to craft and deliver a vision for computing on streaming data at Twilio.
We are looking for somebody who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of Product Development. You have:
- 10+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have a strong work ethic and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You have experience with systems, at scale, in the Big Data ecosystem such as Hadoop, Hbase, Kafka, Hive, Spark, Presto etc.
- You are curious, collaborative, have a sense of humility, and empathy as key traits.
- You are a strategic problem solver and flourish operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You have solved sophisticated problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often opposing - sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver.
- Collaborative approach and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home on zoom presenting to an audience of developers as you are on a zoom talking to users and then coming up with product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both in the same day.
- Experience running products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Worked on data platforms, delivered CEP, or streaming applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Product Manager, you live the Twilio Magic, and encourage it in others, as you:
- DRAW THE OWL and BE AN OWNER: Build the vision for how we grow, scale and expand the product offers of the Data Platform.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Working with Twilio teams across the world to understand and resolve needs to move and store data.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work directly with the carriers in moving the ecosystem of vendors, other platform teams, and architects to chart a path to the future.
- BE BOLD: Build consensus on our use of data and what teams need to do with it.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Report on both the business and operational performance of your platform and customers on a weekly basis.
Products are built on data. From the developers of a service, to their managers, compliance teams, and executives all need to know the state of systems and their activity. This team manages the flow of this data within Twilio, securing it, and ensuring everybody allowed can access it. We are also the bridge the reporting systems trusted by customers, executives and shareholders. Processing has to happen in the pipeline to get insight in real time. We are successful when we make this easy for engineers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. With 6 million developers on the platform, you will have the opportunity to have an impact on a massive scale. Your job will be to turn developers into heros!
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.