Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer in the Flex Business Unit. The person in this role will develop the next generation conversation platform for Flex to enable customers with multi-channel engagement experiences. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted communication platform.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in Software Development. They also have:
- 4- 6 years of software development experience with cloud application development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related industry experience.
- Knowledge of building distributed systems at scale and microservices architecture.
- Extensive experience with REST API design and implementation.
- Experience administering databases and integrating with data pipelines.
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud providers. Multi-region deployment a plus.
- Positive attitude and aptitude to learn and execute quickly in a small team.
- Experience implementing modern automated testing approaches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with other team members, including our Product team, to help influence, own, and improve our product offering.
- BE AN OWNER: Build, deploy and manage systems in the AWS cloud.
- Work with container technology - Docker/Kubernetes.
- DRAW THE OWL: Rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, and our build/deploy systems.
- BE BOLD: Participate in Agile ceremonies for software development and contribute to the testing of our code and the delivery of what we create to production.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver offices or remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $109,824 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $96,096 - $120,120
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks