Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Enterprise Security (EntSec) team sets and maintains the standard for corporate assets. We are looking for EntSec interns to support us by working across the organization to identify non-compliant assets, offices, or individuals, and assist the effort to remediate any issue.
The M&A security intern will assist with all of Twilio’s current and potentially new acquisitions.
We would also love for this person to be assisting in the documentation of best practices, learning processes and procedures and collaborate with the team to reduce the risk of said acquisitions.
Twilio is looking for an outstanding security intern who lives the Twilio Magic and has an interest in supporting M&A efforts. They also have:
- Experience with working within a dynamically changing enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with corporate security teams and building and carrying out standards.
- M&A knowledge (technical).
- Teaming up with multi-functional teams and assisting in driving the project to completion.
- Dedication to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community.
As a Security Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Information gathering, maintaining, and auditing requests against formalized Enterprise Security requirements pre-acquisition.
- BE AN OWNER: post-acquisition, meet with project managers, and subject matter specialists to assist in developing an in-depth plan to bring the acquisition up to Twilio’s established standards. As well as contributing to our in-house Wiki library, to ensure knowledge doesn’t stay isolated.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Utilizing the established cross-platform procedure to audit past acquisitions against established standards, and collaborate on plans for remediation.
- DRAW THE OWL: Assist in the effort for standardization among what has shown to work effectively, documentation efforts, and remediation plans concerning mergers and acquisitions.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Growing and enhancing relationships between the teams, to improve the Enterprise Security Team’s ability to make decisions based on multi-team feedback.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.