Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a data-driven event manager to join the Global Events Field Marketing team. This role will help execute event sponsorships that drive awareness and developer adoption of Twilio products for our Industry events as well as support SIGNAL, Twilio’s annual customer and developer conference in a data and analytics capacity. This role presents an excellent opportunity for a hardworking event marketer to make a significant impact, partnering with our go to market, developer education, sales and product marketing teams.
This role supports Twilio’s efforts to create best in class experiences for our customers and community through our annual customer and developer conference, SIGNAL as well as third party industry events.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading and executing flagship and industry events. They also have:
- 5+ year experience in event marketing or management, global event experience a plus
- Experience building strong relationships and working cross functionally to achieve program goals
- Strong experience in data management and analytics to support the planning process and showcase the outcomes of each event to key stakeholders
- Strong in developing processes and making things programmatic/thinking at scale
- Experience working closely with vendor partners to build relationships and execute program requirements
- Ability to balance multiple requirements in a fast paced/unstructured environment required
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver on deadlines and deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills, strong written and oral skills with strong analytical tendencies and comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to think creatively and bring innovative ideas to the table to support marketing efforts
- Requires experience with Salesforce and Tableau
As an Event Marketing Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the logistics and execution of Twilio’s Industry Events and proactively support SIGNAL where needed
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with Twilio’s go to market team to deliver events and experiences that will delight customers and Twilions.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Develop, plan and promote strategically selected events and support SIGNAL as needed in an ever changing environment
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross-functionally (developer network, regional sales, product/content marketing) to build turnkey programs and promote SIGNAL goals and initiatives to support the overall go-to-market plan
- BE BOLD: Experiment with creative ideas to drive awareness, implement and simplify processes to drive productivity and test/measure them using metrics
- DON’T SETTLE: Measure, analyze, and report on campaign activities to understand event contribution and areas to improve. Evaluate marketing effectiveness/return on investment.
The Field Marketing and Industry Events team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with the go to market and product teams to drive awareness and adoption of Twilio. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing industry and proprietary events that drive growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and believe great work can be done anywhere. There will be an expectation to travel to our San Francisco headquarters office for planning with the team quarterly. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $68,096 - $93,632
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $59,584 - $81,928
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks