Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Credit and Collection Manager to join our vibrant Accounting team in Dublin, and to Lead and grow our Credit & Collections Team in Dublin.. The person in this role will be results oriented who is motivated to tackle complex problems, embraces change, has a “ can do “ attitude, is passionate about Risk Management & Collections and is willing to go above and beyond to help our customers - both internally and externally.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Credit & Collections, this position is critical to the success of our customer relationships, to ensure that payment experiences are positive for our Twilion Customers and that we achieve cash objectives.
Twilio is seeking an experienced Credit and Collection Manager who embraces the Twilio Magic and has demonstrated the ability to manage a strong team.
- You will have 7 + years experience in an Accounting/Finance Operations background with 4 years of Credit & Collections Management experience at a publicly traded company.
- You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can easily shift between the details and the “big picture”
- You love working with data, numbers and people
- You can make quick decisions and multitask to ensure key objectives are consistently achieved.
- The role will be responsible for
- Credit Analysis
- Collections for Global Markets on a wide ranging portfolio of Key Brand Customers.
- Reporting & Analysis
- Team Management
- Building solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Audit & Sox Compliance management.
- Ad Hoc Projects
- Strong analytical skills with a flair for reporting and analysis, (via advanced google tools & macros a distinct advantage)
- Be an experienced people manager who can coach and develop to bring out the best in your team.
- Have a desire to maintain and enhance our unique culture and an ongoing drive to strive for continuous improvement by adding your own individual talents and stamp to Twilio
- Bachelor’s degree or higher plus equivalent experience required.
As a Credit & Collection Manager you will live the Twilio Magic:
- BE AN OWNER: You will manage a Global Credit & Collections Portfolio and manage a team of 6 experienced Credit `& Collections Analysts.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You will be responsible for achieving monthly & quarterly risk & cash targets within agreed SLA’s, whilst ensuring effective customer satisfaction both internally and externally.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Be transparent at all times and honest with your approach
- BE BOLD: Review, Identify and actively seek to improve all key areas for Process Improvement based on your own wide ranging experience
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: You will ensure to that your team provides excellent service to our Customers in each collection task by being Firm but Polite yet ensuring to be professional and empathetic to customers at all times
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide direct management to the team of Credit & Collections Analysts. Coach and mentor team members, refining processes existing processes if positive change can be identified. Monitor performance effectively and take action where appropriate with poor performance.
- DON’T SETTLE: You will closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify and resolve issues
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will be required to provide a monthly Collections Deck on key KPI’s to track measurement of achievements versus targets on all the key metrics. Policy ownership is a key part of this role.
- DRAW THE OWL: Participate in month end close, including ensuring all accounting items are closed off for the month end timetable. Interact extensively across all functional teams within twilio for better ways of working
The Accounting organization is on a mission to hire the very best employees and to create exceptional employee experiences. We are actively scaling for current and future growth. We realize that new ideas have to come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours. You will have an incredible impact in how we achieve our goals of sustained excellence and scalability and your role is integral into growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modem communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique: we are a company committed to our growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Dublin City. You should expect the normal perks: snacks, lunches, social events, massages etc / What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact: that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.