Technical Support Engineer, Developer
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for Technical Support Engineers to join our Developer Support Team, supporting our customers’ use of the Twilio platform, and helping customers get the best experience from Twilio’s products. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as an SME for Twilio’s APIs and SDKs!
This role reports to our Manager, Technical Support and can be based in Singapore of Hong Kong!
We seek developer-oriented Technical Support Engineers with:
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skills in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: Understanding of WebRTC would be a HUGE plus.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Excellence in task prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
A regular day in the life of a Developer Technical Support Engineer involves troubleshooting coding and integration issues for our customers to help them get the most out of their Twilio experience.
As Developer Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- Be ready to assist our customers when they need us. This position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs).
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- BE AN OWNER: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Review and contribute to internal knowledge bases and external technical resources to stay current on industry shifts and standards.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.