Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market. Our Sales Development team is a key part of the New Business Sales team consisting of Sales Managers and New Business Account Executives.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of managing and leading sales reps. They also have:
- 2+ years of experience in leading sales development teams
- 1+ years of full cycle B2B sales experience in cloud, enterprise software, or telco company
- Proven record of sales success leading high performing, pipeline generation, and closing teams in a fast-growing technology company
- Ability to hire, onboard, and continuously train top talent early in their sales careers
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing conditions at a fast-paced, growing technology company
- Experience in successfully managing early in career sales people to achieve performance goals
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams as being collaborative, innovative, accountable, and reliable
- 4-year degree or relevant experience
- CS background and/or an MBA
As a Manager of Sales Development Representatives, you will:
- No Shenanigans: Scale and manage a high-performing team of SDRs who consistently overachieve on aggressive goals and will become future AEs and leaders at Twilio.
- Empower Others: Develop, motivate and lead through inspiration, mentorship, and a “Results-Driven" approach
- Write it Down: Report on sales metrics and forecast to senior sales management
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Enhance cross functional relationship with key business partners -- Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Enablement, and Product Marketing teams to successfully collaborate on new marketing campaigns and field events, meet stretch pipeline goals, optimize business processes for efficiency, accelerating ramp time to productivity, and ensure your team has a deep understanding of Twilio
- Be an Owner: Own and drive execution of new business pipeline goals by understanding and analyzing top of the funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue influenced across all regional segments
- Don’t Settle: Actively use tools such as salesforce.com to manage sales processes, marketing campaigns, opportunity trends and set standards for performance metrics
- Be Inclusive: Coordinate with senior sales management to optimize processes and develop new campaigns to attain aggressive pipeline goals
- Draw the Owl: Align with regional sales leadership and the larger North America team to determine how to best support regional goals.
As a Sales Development Manager, you will lead a team that supports all levels of the organization by qualifying marketing leads and creating new opportunities that drive pipeline and revenue to the broader sales organization. This includes joining a team with people who feel a deep sense of ownership, accountability, pride, and passion for their work, and take pride in “Wearing the customer’s shoes” by initiating meaningful relationships with future customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.