Because you belong at Twilio.The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Leader for the Tech Services Project Management Office (PMO). As the Tech Services PMO leader, you will grow and lead a high-performing team of colleagues, curating a people-first culture while delivering world class IT solutions. As the leader you will provide strategic business direction and technical vision. The PMO leader will oversee all projects across the Tech Services portfolio, and will be responsible for tracking each project against scope, timeline and budget. Work experience in Information Technology, M&A, and product centered leadership will be an advantage. The person in this role will work cross-departmentally to improve business and system processes while supporting Twilio’s growth efforts.
Twilio is looking for an experienced PMO leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading departmental and cross-departmental initiatives. They also have:
- 10 years of relevant IT experience with 7 years of experience leading and running IT PMO functions in a large and complex organization
- Proven experience leading / participating in Portfolio Management and implementing cross program governance processes.
- Experience in leading and coordinating M&A integrations projects from an IT perspective, including operational due diligence, integration planning, and execution
- Experience implementing or upgrading an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Partner management up to C-Level with the ability to collaborate and communicate building trust.
- Cross functional leadership skills in addressing risk while understanding big picture issues in building strong partnerships with GTM, Sales, Marketing, Product Owners, and Product Development.
- Solution focussed delivery that includes consulting / technology leadership with experience with commercial off the shelf products, cloud infrastructure solutions deployed in a global environment.
- Technical experience and expertise sufficient to understand higher-level technical problems being solved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree and PMP certification is a plus,
As the PMO Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Clearly and concisely document all project inputs and outputs and provide key findings and project summaries to internal partners.
- DRAW THE OWL: Find opportunities for operational improvement within Technology Services as well as within the whole of Twilio and drive solution definition.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Enroll teams in change initiatives and lead them through with little disruption. Call out when ownership is lacking and lead or assist in defining a project’s clear path forward with the right partners.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio by removing roadblocks and enabling project team members to do their best work.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Listen closely to deeply understand business problems and solve the problems from the customer’s perspective.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Help Tech Services become a trusted business partner by building trust through every interaction with fellow Twilions.
The Project Management team is central to Tech Service’s work execution function. We champion the repeatable mechanism for project work that keeps teams collaborating and working toward a shared vision. We continuously improve our project transparency, communication across teams, and the processes for prioritization and resource allocation within the Tech Service’s department. We add new value for Tech Services and Twilio by strategically addressing our most difficult problems in a thoughtful manner and delivering high-quality projects.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California St. in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.About us:
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 146,240 USD - 182,800 USD
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: 127,960 USD - 159,950 USD
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks