Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Super Network Infrastructure offers the platform needed to deliver these communications using telecommunications networks across the globe.
As the Sr. Director of Engineering for Super Network Infrastructure you’ll be leading teams ranging from Network, Hardware, to Software engineering in order to scale Twilio’s telecommunication capabilities. We are looking for an experienced senior engineering leader to help us grow and scale our global Super Network Infrastructure engineering organization.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of leading large multifunctional engineering teams. Following skills and experience are a requirement:
- 10 years of people management experience, leading engineering teams in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Have led 50+ people engineering organization successfully to deliver both software and network solution to meet customer needs.
- Passion for developing the next generation of engineering leaders within your organization and providing an environment for learning and growth.
- Have the technical ability to understand software, telecommunications, network and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
- Communication skills across multiple levels of the organization.
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies, continuous integration, and test automation.
- Highly data driven in decision making with clear understanding of good input and output metrics and the mechanisms to support them.
- The ability to distill complex and ambiguous situations into aligned priorities with meaningful plans for your team.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
As a Sr. Director of Engineering, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Curate, lead and grow a team of passionate engineers. Provide support and mentorship that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained quality, predictability and high velocity.
- DRAW THE OWL: Encourage your teams to find progressive ways to solve problems; adopt new technologies and strategies where applicable.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work with product managers, architects and engineering managers to set the direction for the wider organization.
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of products related to your teams and drive ownership through your teams.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Evaluate opportunities, risk and technical strategies and provide key findings to internal partners.
The Super Network Infrastructure engineering teams are responsible for abstracting telecommunication technologies into easy to use utility that aggregate and provide access to the connectivity for customers and other Twilio business units. This is the connectivity that the rest of the Twilio is built upon.
The vision for the teams is to build this infrastructure out in the next few years as we grow and scale the organization by focusing on Networking Platform, Supply Chain Management and standardization on our edge services.
The utility is being built by cross functional and international teams which span functions from Network to Software Engineering. The teams are located in Bogota, Colombia; Tallinn, Estonia; San Francisco, US among other locations.
This position will be located in our Tallinn office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.