Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a hardworking, passionate, and curious principal level product manager to be a key leader in enabling developers to build experiences for Twilio and its sub-brands on the web.
You will set the vision and guide the development team building the Content Management System, developer tools, third-party integrations, and hosting infrastructure for digital marketing properties like Twilio.com. Your customers are the product managers and developers building these websites and you will empower them to move quickly and confidently.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of operating large scale web platforms. They also have:
- 8+ years of experience in technical product management or technology leadership
- Experience building a platform and supporting roadmap that enables external vendors and internal product teams to build and contribute
- Led new software features and/or new software products from ideation through GA/launch in an agile environment
- A passion for delivering scalable software platforms that enable engineers
- Demonstrated track record in improving critical platform metrics such as site uptime, deployment time, incident count, etc.
- Superior communication skills verbally and in writing are a must-have, including being comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with technologies like React, Node.js, Python, Django, Content Management Systems, and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with globally-operated Cloud Services/Platforms (like AWS) is a plus
- Solid understanding of Web UX & Design principles and best practices
- Understands Web optimization implementation and accessibility standards and requirements across desktop and mobile
- Proven track record supporting and delivering optimal content authoring/publishing experiences for public facing websites
As a Principal Product Manager for Web Platform, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own and execute the roadmap for your products–communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions. Participate in Agile/Scrum teams– assist team in planning and execution of sprints, epic and story backlog refinement, and related operating mechanisms.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Seek out and gather our engineers’ needs–translate and synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value–learn and adjust frequently. Manage project plans for on-time development and release–ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment. Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
Twilio’s extraordinary growth has increased our need for a wide variety of digital web experiences. The number of products, sub-brands, and audiences we need to market for and to on the web only continues to grow. We need a web platform that can scale to handle the amount of content we need to publish as well as the number of developers that need to build on it. In addition, the web site needs to be built on resilient and performant architecture and infrastructure.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is a US remote position. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928 - $182,776
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,000 - $159,929
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks