The Who, What, Why and Where
As a Manager of the Voice & Video Insights team, you will lead the engineering team through the implementation of real-time analytic capabilities that provide deep insights into the performance of the Twilio platform, serving a variety of personas from internal business operations to the customer through the Insights products.
Twilio is looking for an experienced engineering leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has led the development and operations of a large-scale data pipeline leveraging technologies such as Java, Scala, Spark, Kafka and Elasticsearch:
- 7+ years of engineering experience, with at least 3 years of hands-on experience leading and managing teams of 5-10 people.
- You have demonstrated experience leading inclusive teams, mentoring engineers, and teaching proven practices that help teams grow.
- You have a strong distributed systems background and have operated services directly at some point in your career.
- You have experience leading and managing distributed teams.
- Experience managing SCRUM teams with agile principles, embracing uncertainty, continuous improvement, and predictable delivery
- You are a strategic problem solver and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in collaborative, energetic teams.
- Plus: Experience developing products on AWS.
As an Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: We are seeking a leader who has solved complex problems and has the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- BE AN OWNER: Own, operate and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Write performance evaluations, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear pa
- th for progression through personal development plans.
- DON'T SETTLE: Institute development best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Own, operate and maintain your team's products. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is cross-training and a healthy balance between features and technical debt.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
Twilio Developers use Programmable Voice & Video to build unique communication experiences to make, receive and control interactions around the globe. Twilio’s Voice & Video Insights team provides visibility into these interactions with real-time monitoring and analytics capabilities.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.