Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is hiring a Principal Solutions Engineer specialized on our Messaging product. As a deep domain professional, the Messaging Product Specialist SE plays a critical role on the Sales Team. The Messaging Product Specialist builds solution architectures, programs, and technical sales playbooks that elevate account teams to better support our customers who are building modern customer engagement experiences. This role is highly cross-functional requiring strong partnership with product, carrier relations, security, and fraud operations. The Messaging Specialists SE influences product direction and GTM execution based on what they see and hear in their engagement as Trusted Advisors with our customers and prospects.
Twilio is looking for a Principal Solutions Engineer - Messaging with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 7+ years of combined experience A2P SMS solution architecture, routing or product management
- Comfortable working in highly complex environments with multiple cross-functional partners
- Persistent and tenacious approach to solving customer problems
- Entrepreneurial approach with appetite to define process and build programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software, SaaS, CPaas or PaaS experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent years of experience
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture
- Previous experience working with telecom companies, including SMS aggregators, carriers, or global communications platforms is a plus.
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live our values every day.
- DRAW THE OWL: Present creative new solutions that enable and encourage innovation
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Advocate on behalf of customers for products and solutions that help them innovate and differentiate themselves in the marketplace.
- DON’T SETTLE: Keep asking probing questions and never stop learning new products and new technologies
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work alongside Twilio account teams to ensure that the solutions they propose will set our customers up for long term success
- BE BOLD: Don’t be afraid to take that big idea and run with it
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The messaging landscape is constantly changing, and our customers need subject matter experts that empower them to build solutions that provide them a solid foundation on which to build their business. That foundation starts with a thorough plan and a robust architecture. To ensure our customers are set up for success, we are building a team of Messaging Solutions Specialists whose primary objective is to empower our customers to build future proof messaging solutions that supports them to quickly adapt to a changing landscape.
Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remotely in the US-Central region for customer support purposes. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.