Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking to hire a Category Manager for the Strategic Sourcing team in India. This person will help drive key projects in the Software category.
Twilio is looking for a strong individual contributor with 3+ yrs experience in Technology procurement, specifically in the Software category. With a strong sourcing background, you are a lead negotiator and you have demonstrable experience in delivering savings and value. The Category Manager will source suppliers with a specific dollar threshold to support the Category while leveraging various tools and following the Twilio procurement process.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in roles in Procurement
- 3+ year independently leading data driven negotiations and RFXs, specifically related to Software category such as Asana, Smartsheet, Yesware, InVision, Anaplan, and others
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Tech, Legal, Engineering, Marketing or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating commercial concepts including true ups, tiered discount structures and penalties for burst etc.
- Exceptional ability to redline/identify key ‘risky’ commercial and legal contract clauses and knowledge of utilizing different legal documents (MSA’s, Order forms, SOW’s). Ability to understand general Privacy and Security concerns
- An analytical mindset, able to make sound business decisions and have a strong aptitude in Excel pivot tables provide data driven insights
- A positive ‘can-do,’ service attitude, proactive, able to move fast and make well thought out decisions
- An exceptional communicator (written and verbal).
- Team player with a history of creating strong relationships with customers and business partners
- You’re data driven and detail oriented, relying on research and benchmarks and your strong knowledge of the technology vendor landscape
- Experience using JIRA, Coupa, and Oracle is a plus
As a Software Category Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
- BE AN OWNER: Lead negotiations for technology deals and deliver savings and be able to determine appropriate pricing models, bids & contracts
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop data driven analysis and be very comfortable with Excel - ROI, TCO models providing recommendations to address nuances in structured deals that allow scale as we grow
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Advise/assist internal customers regarding hosted infrastructure procurement process and update JIRA tickets and review Coupa approvals and contracts
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work closely with legal and information security teams to review drafts of contracts and ensure the complaint process is followed in accordance with procurement policy. Obtaining legal, customer and management approval (as required)
- Work closely with finance teams to ensure negotiated contract compliance is within budget allocated.
The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Function is responsible for executing procurement and supplier management to serve Twilio’s business. As Twilio grows, we are creating a team in India to help manage our Strategic Sourcing and procurement needs for our internal customers. This team will help us to establish great commercial terms, protect risk and leverage our purchasing power with suppliers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be based in our Bangalore office
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratised communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualising the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organisations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.