Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is continuing to grow rapidly and we’re seeking an Staff Accountant to join our Accounts Receivable team in our EMEA HQ in Dublin.
The position requires this person to be a team player, as well as being able to work effectively and efficiently on their own initiative.
As a Staff Accountant, you have a love for data and reconciliations, with extensive experience working with large volumes of data. You will be responsible for continuing to drive process improvements within the department to continuously improve the efficiency of cash processing and month end close.
Twilio is looking for an Excel wizard who lives the Twilio Magic and has a keen eye for the details. They also have:
- 2+ years of experience at fast growing software or IT companies preferred but not necessary
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Posse an in-depth working knowledge of month-end close processes, operational accounting procedures, and financial reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize while working on multiple projects
- Aptitude for continuous improvement and process redesign
- Experience with NetSuite, and other general accounting softwares preferred
As a Staff Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Preparing and reviewing Bank and Accounts Receivable Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ensure Close and monthened reconciliations are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- WRITE IT DOWN:Driving continuous improvement of efficiency and effectiveness by identifying, developing and implementing enhancements to processes and systems
- DON’T SETTLE: Conducting analysis to help add value through making recommendations to continuously drive performance for all things Accounts Receivable
- BE AN OWNER: Focus on day-to-day duties related to cash application, merchant accounting, journal entries, and reconciliations
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and assist as queries arise.
The Accounts Receivable team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and customer facing teams to ensure cash application is accurate and timely.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Dublin office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.