Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is seeking a highly motivated candidate with 2 years of paralegal/legal administrative support experience, preferably in a law firm setting or an in-house legal department. This role will provide legal support to our Law Enforcement Response Team.
Twilio is looking for a contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a willingness to learn and adapt to a rapidly changing environment. They also have:
- BS or BA degree or Paralegal Certification, or minimum of 2 years legal education or relevant experience within a technology company
- Knowledge of regulatory laws in telecommunications regulatory obligations in markets where we operate, specifically Japan, France and the UK.
- Fluent in Japanese; outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal and ability to advocate for Twilio and the privacy of our customers while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach.
- Enthusiasm for technology and willingness to quickly learn and understand Twilio’s products and services.
- Proficiency in the use of software, including Google Workplace, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- A sense of humor, strong attention to detail, an ability to work effectively and flexibly in a team environment, and perform tasks independently and with minimal supervision are essential for success in this role.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, being a quick study, and taking initiative are key, as is the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Respond to routine law enforcement and other government requests, including subpoenas, court orders, and search warrants, and specifically, review Japanese law enforcement requests for adequacy..
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities to streamline processes in responding to requests and providing customer notifications.
- BE AN OWNER: Assist in preparing metrics and compiling bi-annual transparency reports, describing volume and nature of law enforcement requests.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Assist in high-volume data and document management and organizational tasks.
- WEAR YOUR CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be available for on-call rotations to respond to to exigent/emergency calls from law enforcement
As part of Twilio’s Legal team, you will provide a critical role in supporting our Law Enforcement Response Team. You will work closely with our Lead Counsel for Law Enforcement and National Security, Associate Manager, and other Paralegals, to track and prepare responses to law enforcement subpoenas, create analytical reports, interact with law enforcement officers and regulators around the globe, and assist with case management activities.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we are dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in Japan though we are willing to consider other locations within the APAC region. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.