Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Workplace Operations Manager to be a key leader within our Denver office. Twilio is looking for a smart, motivated and customer service focused leader to deliver a best in class workplace environment for our Twilions. This individual will be in a hands-on role in managing building operations for the Twilio Denver office.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of customer service, people management, and operational efficiency. This individual will be someone who likes ambiguity, change, and enjoys getting into the details to drive improvements every single day. The Workplace Operations Manager is central to Twilio's continued growth, and will work closely with senior leadership and all teams to manage and improve the workplace environment.
- 5+ years of workplace and people management, with a focus on delivering best in class service to internal and external customers
- Ability to understand, analyze, and solve complex issues
- Extensive experience with both “front-of-house” and “back-of-house” services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, think outside the box, and produce innovative solutions
- Proficiency in working with ambiguous requirements and taking smart risks
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven track record of managing and scaling a team to keep up with rapid company growth
- Extensive building management systems operations experience
- Ability to lift 30lbs
As Workplace Operations Manager, you will:
- Manage the quality of service levels, directing and coordinating workplace operations including, food service, reception, maintenance, shipping, janitorial, and event set-up
- Oversee and develop the Workplace Operations team
- Responsible for all workplace and building operations, including maintenance and vendor management
- Work with Property Management team to ensure building operations support our employee and office needs
- Oversee audits to ensure the workspace is properly maintained and meets company and departmental standards, as well as all safety and sustainability guidelines
- Create POs and track spend, and identify efficiencies and cost savings opportunities
- Ability to quickly respond to operational and emergency situations, and provide technical guidance and direction during real-time situation/problem management. Must be able to communicate and act in a consulting capacity with projects and new design.
- Effectively communicate with peers, key stakeholders and all business partners
The Real Estate and Workplace team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership to guide the company’s integrated workforce and workplace strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing real estate transactions, design and construction, and ongoing office operations that keep Twilions productive and energized.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street, in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $90,752 - 124,784
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $79,408 - 109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks